13 marzo 2013

Charred


I would imagine wonderland

and position him there

He is a staple to such happy existence 
One day he will learn 
One day he will see
And he'll say

Dear love, 
You were the only one I ever needed
Thank you for needing me too

One day these things will occur
and the suffering will be just
Or maybe they won't
And I'll meet a reason to burn the blueprint
And construct new structures

We needed each other for reasons unbeknown to us
And those watching
We were supposed to be messy
And go on as if that day never happened
21 alibis above sea level
As though I never lost my mind
As if holding on to you 
Was holding on to my last morsel of sanity

You stole my dreams right from beneath me
And told me that you weren't afraid of what was coming to you
That you were ready for karma
While I ran from fate

And we exist in between
More honestly, less jealously 
Completely out of control 
And without purpose
But just enough to
Calm heartache
Until it flares up again

-Roni I'naru